The best way to save money and earn for your savings account is to be frugal. Frugal living helps a lot in making your money grow. It is important in daily living to be practical in the way you spend money. After all, money is not easily earned. You have to work at your best time and effort to save for the things you wanted and for the future. Always remember that you are responsible for your kids’ future. Frugal people are those who enjoyed good life after years of sacrifice. They are the ones who are willing to give a little sacrifice because they believed that it could result to better life which really took place. It goes with the saying that a little sacrifice each day will lead to brighter and lighter days. Spending all you have and even more than what you have will only make your life miserable in the future. So it is better to practice frugal living that will last until your kids finished their studies than to live a life of false extravagance that will be gone the soonest time.
Practical Ways to Frugal Living -
- Dine-out less – eating out so often is a big no to people who don’t earn much. Your budget is sure to get out of the line with this style of living. Moreso, if you choose expensive restaurants. It is important also to consider the prices of the food served in your chosen place. Home-cooked meals are a lot cheaper. The price of the menu you eat equals your food budget for a day.
- One-car policy – practice car-pooling with the members of the family. Teach your children how to be practical in using the car. It is not always using the car because gasoline is more expensive than commuting.
- Stop buying branded apparels – there are so many cheaper brands that also look good when wearing them. People don’t mind if you are wearing cheaper clothes.
- Look for good couponing site – couponing helps a lot to your budget. Why is it so? It is because couponing sites have good offers with lots of freebies and great discounts. It is spending money and getting its worth even more than its value. Sites like CouponWind offers many deals on popular stores like Republic Wireless, Hayneedle, The Flex Belt, Sit4life and 100s more.
- Refrain from using credit cards when shopping – using credit cards is not bad when you know you have the money to pay your dues. But if you are not sure when and how you will get the budget for it, it is not good to use them. It is better not to shop and stay quality time with your family.
- Set a budget – it is always important to have a budget for everything so as not to be caught up by bills problems. It is not a nice feeling being reminded by collectors every now and then. It is like a torture to your mind.
- Save energy – this is one of the easiest things to do to help you keep your budget. Talking with members of the family gives more bonding time than using cellphones, watching television and using the internet. It is nicer to gather in one room with only one air-conditioning unit switched-on.