I, like most of you, am a busy mom. Finding time to prepare healthy, yummy recipes isn’t always easy. I love to find meals that are quick to prepare. If they are freezer friendly, even better. Its so nice to be able to grab dinner out of the freezer, put it in the oven and have it ready without having any prep for that day. I’ve created several meals that way. All you do is grab a few recipes, do all the prep on one day, pop into the freezer and pull out whatever night you want.
Here’s one recipe that I got from MomSelect and Glad.
Glad knew that I was heading to BlogHer so they provided me with this fun recipe, Glad Freezerware containers and a few of the ingredients. Another great reason to be able to prep ahead and freeze so that Dad can have a great dinner and only has to re-heat. And on a side note, I LOVE the crack resistant Freezerware. So nice to be able to use it in the freezer!
Mom Made Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 can (4.5-ounces) diced chilies
1 rotisserie chicken (store-bought), picked of its meat
1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 jar (16-ounces) salsa
1 can (28-ounces) enchilada sauce
12 corn tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the chilies, chicken, chili powders and salsa to the skillet and stir to combine all the ingredients. Allow to simmer, about 5 minutes to meld the ingredients. Remove the pan from the heat to assemble the enchiladas.
3. Soften the tortillas in a microwave oven for about 30 seconds on high.
4. Coat the bottom of a casserole pan with some of the enchilada sauce. Then place the rest of the sauce in a shallow pie pan. Dip a tortilla into remaining sauce and then fill with about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture. Fold the tortilla over the filling and place seamside down in the casserole dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
5. Pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas and then sprinkle the top with the cheese.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, until cooked through and the cheese has melted.
Disclosure: I received the above from MomSelect and Glad. All opinions are my own.