Guest post written by Bernardo Graham
I recently was bitten by a spider on my ankle. I actually saw the spider land on my ankle the instant before I was bit. It was not overly painful, but I knew right away that I had been bit. It was a fairly large spider, roughly the size of a dime. We live in a fairly rural area, and I have seen several spiders of this same type and size over the years. My husband was not home, so I decided to see if I could find the spider online. I very quickly found the same type of spider that bit me, and as I read I realized that the spider was mildly poisonous. I called the hospital and they told me to go ahead and drive to see a doctor. I was given some oral medicine and was fine. What is amazing to me is that I was able to use the internet to immediately figure out what type of spider bit me and how severe the spider’s bite was. Because I saw the spider, I was able to tell the hospital and receive proper medical attention. We have our internet through clear wireless internet Vancouver, and it makes me wonder what someone would have done in my situation 25 years ago. I have learned that technology can be very useful.