I have never been able to make a perfect Lasagna. This recipe, however, was not only easy it was delicious! I couldn’t believe that you could make Lasagna in the crock pot but I tried this last week and it came out perfect! I took a Betty Crocker Recipe and made it my own so feel free to make substitutes how you like your lasagna too. I also have a large crock pot so you may need to scale down the recipe as needed.
Slow Cooker Lasagna
1 lb Hamburger
1 45 oz Jar of Pasta Sauce (I used Ragu with Mushroom)
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1 container 15 oz cottage cheese
1 C grated Parmesan cheese
15 ready to cook (no boil) noodles
(My family does not like onions so if you do, you could add onions to taste.)
1. Cook hamburger in skillet over medium heat until done; drain. Stir in pasta sauce.
2. Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the cottage cheese and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.)
3. Spoon one-fourth of the hamburger mixture into crock pot; top with approx 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the hamburger mixture. Top with approx 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the hamburger mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining hamburger mixture.
4. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 2 – 3 hours or until noodles are tender. (With the no boil noodles it doesn’t take long for it to be done. Mine was done much sooner than I had thought so you might even check it sooner than the time I specified.)
5. Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.
$0.55/1 Barilla Whole Grain Pasta, exp. 11/13/11 (SS 09/18/11)
$0.75/2 Ragu Pasta Sauce, exp. 10/9/11 (RP 09/11/11)
$1/2 Ragu Pasta Sauce printable