Easy Creamy Chicken Dumpling Soup
I have been wanting to try a Dumpling Soup so I found this recipe and gave it a try. It was, in fact, very easy. It is now my favorite soup recipe. As I sit here freezing while typing at the computer, all I can think about is warming up with a good hot bowl of soup! Soup out of a can is ok but when you can make a wonderful creamy chicken dumpling soup like this that is so easy, why not?!!
I don’t care for onions or celery much so I leave those out. I actually also leave the carrots out. I know..I’m leaving out all of the taste as my mom would say. I actually don’t even add the corn or the peas. It’s just a good ‘ol basic chicken dumpling soup when I make it. But I wanted to include the entire recipe so that you can make it how you like it.
Give it a try. The dumplings are super easy and very good. Yum!
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup onions, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups stock
1/3 cup corn
1/3 cup peas
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
3 large chicken breasts
1 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon parsley
1. Simmer the carrots, onion and celery in the chicken broth until soft.
2. Add the corn, peas, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and chicken.
3. Add the cream soups and mix well over medium heat until incorporated.
4. Simmer for 30 minutes.
5. For the dumplings, mix the egg, milk, and melted butter.
6. Add to the flour and add salt, pepper and parsley.
7. It will make a thick sticky batter.
8. Drop by spoonfuls into the simmering soup.
9. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes,
10. Do not allow soup to boil.
11. Serve in large bowls.