- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 cup chopped onion (but for my family, I leave this out)
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and place in a serving bowl.
- Stir the onion, into the potatoes while they are still hot. This allows the potatoes to absorb the flavor. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Add the mayonnaise and mustard to the salad, and mix well. Gently stir in the eggs. Chill for about 30 minutes before serving.
Hard-Cooking Eggs – Place the eggs in a saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat immediately, and let stand covered in the hot water for 10 minutes. Cool, peel and use as desired.