In this day and age, it’s probably an oddity that our kids still don’t have cell phones. We have thought about it but never decided at what age it would be appropriate. When do you get your kids cell phones?
Our oldest is 12 and he’s been asking for one for a few years now but we’ve never thought he was responsible enough. It’s come to a time though that we now need to start considering it.
The TracFone would actually be a great option for kids. There are no contracts, no credit checks, no activation charges or cancellation fees. So there are no surprises on your bill! I love that! The 1 or 2 year commitment that I would need to make to put him on my “big box” cell plan is another reason why I’ve been so hesitant to get him a cell phone. With the TracFone, I wouldn’t have that.
The TracFone has So many features! They also have brand name phones from leading manufacturers like Motorola, Kyocera, LG, Nokia and Samsung. You can choose from simple phones, to Bluetooth®-enabled “Smart” phones. So if you want to start out with a inexpensive phone to test out how responsible they’ll be with it at first, you can. The TracFone also has Great nationwide coverage and excellent reception/connectivity.
The plans are real reasonable too!
• Pay as you go online or with cards available at thousands of retail stores across the country.
• 1 year service cards give you so much more. Receive double minutes for the life of your TracFone, and 800 minutes, for only $119.00
• “Double minutes for the life of your phone” is a feature that can be purchased separately for only$19.99, but some phones include it!
• Choose monthly plans with 200 minutes for under $30.00, and as low as $9.99 for 50 minutes.
International Long Distance:
• This is the only wireless service where you can call internationally, for the same price as any other call.
• Call over 60 international destinations directly from your TracFone at no extra cost!
• With the International Neighbors program, you can provide family and friends in Mexico or Canada a local phone number in those countries to reach you at your TracFone in the U.S.
• Simple phones for simple needs, calling and texting capabilities for under $10.00
• Great phones packed with features like camera/video recorder, web access, app capabilities, mp3 player, and full QWERTY keyboard, for $29.99
See what Real TracFone customers have to say about the TracFone! This just seems like the way to go for my kids and a great cell phone option overall!